Location Opening – Birmingham, Alabama
Brownlee-Morrow Company is celebrating its 70th year in business and has a long history in the industrial sales and service industry. We represent market-leading products and have invested in many value-added services to help us serve our clients. We continue to grow each year and are built for long-term success. If you meet the below qualifications and are interested in joining our Birmingham, AL team, we hope to hear from you.
24,000 square feet pump repair shop in Birmingham, AL with 12– 15 close working team members.
The Pump Repair Mechanic dismantles, cleans, inspects, repairs, and re-assembles horizontal and vertical pumps used in industrial plants (steel, chemical, pulp & paper and power plants). Our shop is in constant motion, with tight deadlines, challenging mechanical problems, and a customer-focused crew.
- Dismantle and inspect pumps, checking dimensions of components.
- Clean pump components.
- Complete accurate, thorough inspection and assembly documentation, including photos and descriptions of condition of components.
- Coordinate effectively in a team, discussing repair recommendations and resolving problems with supervisor.
- Run balance machine to properly balance impellers and shaft.
- Self-verify workmanship.
- Inspect all components for critical fits and run-outs.
- Paint, tag, and prep the pump for shipment to the customer.
- Throughout the process, follow routers, instructions, checklists and engineering drawings.
- Have a positive attitude that contributes to teambuilding, decision- making, problem solving, and continuous improvements.
- Must be willing to work in the field, travel in & out of state when required.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings / charts.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required on short notice.
- Must have a personal set of mechanic tools and roll-around toolbox.
- Standing for long times required, frequent lifting with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must have full range of movement to reach, work with hands and arms in various positions, stoop, and move under and around equipment.
- Must speak and communicate ideas clearly, read with understanding, and write good paragraphs describing equipment.
Not Required But Encouraged:
- 3+ years of experience in aftermarket repair and service of mechanical equipment, with experience in pump equipment.
- Skilled in using precision measuring instruments, such as micrometers, dial indicators, and depth gauges.
The qualified candidate will be compensated with a competitive employee package including paid holidays, vacation, and sick days, health, dental, and vision plans, and 401(k) with 6% matching.